It's a bird - It's a plane - No! It's AnguDrop
A refreshing coke in Drupal HellWe have seen many customers that are stuck in some kind of Drupal Hell with codebase from Drupal 5 stuck in time because their original developer hacked core or views and they never had the budget to upgrade. It's extremely challenging to provide value to this type of customer but we've found an interesting pattern using Angularjs to create modern cutting edge interfaces even within the weirdest sphagetticoded nightmares. So let's say we have a Drupal5 site stuck in 2008...
- Create a content type called angularapp
- Overide page.tpl.php as page-node-angularapp.tpl.php (Drupal 5 needed custom code in template.php
- Load the angular.js library and dependencies plus your apps code
- Comment out the print of the $content in you're overiden template and instead add
- The code above renders the angular app based on the code